Signal Cert Certifying Body is a part of Signal Cert Ltd. company which has a documented quality system in place according to PN-EN ISO/IEC 17065 requirements that is provided for certification bodies in order to unify the approach to product certification.
The quality policy of our certification body is to provide services at high level with preservation of the impartiality rules, independence, reliability and trust. As a certifying company we provide our activities with care and high level of attendance by means of using our policies. We identify the risk of impartiality and declare that our personnel works with passion preserving good engineering standards and good practices.
Signal Cert Certifying Body performs railway devices certification according to the polish law Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure and Development dated on May 13th of 2014 on the admission to operation of the specific types of buildings, devices and rolling stock (Journal of Law from May 30th 2014 item 720) basing on the following evaluation modules:
- certificate of conformity to type,
- certificate of conformity with the type on the basis of technical tests necessary to verify compliance with the type,
- certificate of conformity with the type based on internal production control and testing of products under supervision (C1 module),
- certificate of conformity with the type based on internal production control and testing of products under supervision at random intervals (module C2),
- certificate of conformity with type based on product verification (module F2).
The detailed scopes of accreditation with the requirements which shall be fulfilled in order to obtain the conformity certificate type and with type are included in the following programs:
- for “to type” certification:
JCPR-01 Certification program for rail traffic control devices for type conformity evaluation,
- for "with type" certification:
JCPR-02 Certification program for railway traffic control devices for the evaluation of conformity with the type (intended for non-producers),
JCPR-03 Certification program for railway traffic control devices for the evaluation of conformity with the type (intended for the manufacturer).
In addition, for the purpose of conducting independent safety assessments (ISA), the following voluntary certification program has been implemented:
JCPR-04 Technical Safety Certification Program for Control Equipment in Rail Transport.
Those certification programs are selected for conducting the certification processes of:
- interlocking systems
- point machines
- line blocks
- remote control and management of rail traffic
- train control systems
- level crossing systems
- train detection systems
- power supply systems
- TVU – video systems for train detection
- other mechanical and electromechanical devices
The scope of accreditation has been formulated under the AC-194 number. The accreditation has been granted to Signal Cert Ltd. by Polish Center for Accreditation.
Crucial information with regards to the certification process for railway devices for obtaining the conformity type and with type have been publicized in the information brochure for client JCI-01 Informator dla Klienta and in the JCI-02 Informator dla Klienta for Safety Certification Program.